Dow Jones, Research Editor - English & Farsi | Sanctions Ownership Research (Barcelona)
About Dow Jones Risk & Compliance
Dow Jones Risk & Compliance provides third party risk management and regulatory compliance solutions. Working with clients across the globe, we have created products and services to help companies evaluate third party risks quickly and with confidence.
We deliver research tools and services for on-boarding, vetting and investigation to help companies comply with anti-money laundering, anti-corruption and economic sanctions regulations in mitigating third party risk.
With a global team of expert researchers, flexible delivery options and enriched third party risk data, our suite of compliance solutions empower compliance professionals to quickly and efficiently reduce risks while conserving limited resources.
The role of the Research Editor is to research, record and update details on companies owned or controlled by sanctioned subjects (people and entities) in countries around the world.
These details are required for the Dow Jones Sanctions Ownership Research (SOR) database, a global reference database of companies related to sanctioned subjects. This content set forms part of the Dow Jones Risk and Compliance business.
The role of the Research Editor is also to keep the SOR Database up to date by continual scanning and extraction from known information sources and by the ongoing monitoring of new sources.
- The role of the Research Editor is to research, record and update details on companies owned or controlled by sanctioned subjects (people and entities) in countries around the world. These details are required for the Dow Jones Sanctions Ownership Research (SOR) database, a new global reference database of companies related to sanctioned subjects. This new content set will form part of the Dow Jones Risk and Compliance business.
- The Research Editor is required to use a range of relevant electronic published sources for each country he/she is researching, including a range of sources carried on Dow Jones's own products and on government/regulatory and company websites.
- In extracting data from these sources, the Research Editor must adhere to a set of guidelines on SOR selection and the level of corporate details required. The Research Editor is expected to deliver the most comprehensive coverage possible while taking care to exclude detail outside the brief. The Research Editor is also responsible for verifying the accuracy of the material he/she and other team members are adding to the database and must follow an established set of procedures to do so.
- The role of the Research Editor is also to keep the SOR Database up to date by continual scanning and extraction from known information sources and by on-going monitoring for new sources.
- Research and/or editorial knowledge
- Fluency in English and Farsi; proficiency in other languages is an advantage
- Web searching skills; tenacity and ingenuity in the pursuit of sources
- Education to Bachelor's degree level
- Excellent proof-reading skills and organizational skills
- Keyboard skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Ability to handle large volumes of information
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
If this position matches your experience, skills and motivations please click 'APPLY' to submit your CV and a cover letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role.
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).