Dow Jones, Economy Reporter - EMEA (Barcelona)
Dow Jones Newswires seeks a digitally proficient financial journalist to cover regional economies across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
The role involves covering economic indicators in the region, helping to plan and coordinate coverage ahead of time, then sending headlines and quickly writing the first stories and essential updates that will provide professional investors with the news they need in real time. We are looking for journalists with experience in a fast-paced news environment and a background in economics and markets coverage.
The successful candidate must have both a strong sense of urgency and a well-honed ability to distil the market-moving news in economic releases. Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with colleagues locally and in our network of bureaus are essential.
Native or fluent German is essential.
- Must be able to plan, organise and publish in real time a range of key economic indicators from across EMEA.
- Exercises news judgement to identify economic themes and significant breaking news, and to respond quickly.
- Able to write quickly and accurately in a fast-paced publishing environment
- Draws on a depth of financial knowledge to quickly assess and prioritise coverage
- Able to fully understand and deploy real-time content-management and publishing tools.
- Upholds Dow Jones standards and ethics.
- Recognizes and responds to the core audiences for Dow Jones Newswires, and their needs and expectations.
- Helps connect the content with the audience.
- Collaborates with reporters and editors from other groups, including WSJ colleagues and those in other bureaus and regions.
- Communicates precisely, with compassion.
- Proactive rather than reactive.
- Possesses a well-honed sense of urgency along with a capacity to remain calm under pressure.
- Prioritizes tasks and time while handling multiple responsibilities.
- Has intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn
- Meets deadlines.
- Understands workflow
- Flexible in changing/handing off tasks.
- General awareness of how a newsroom works.
- Functions well within a team.
- Native or fluent German
- Other European languages also an advantage
Click 'APPLY' now. Applications should include a resume, cover letter and 3-5 samples of relevant news coverage.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).