Dow Jones, Research Editor - Italian & Nordic | State Owned Companies (Barcelona)
The role of the Research Editor, State Owned Companies, is to research, record and update details on companies owned or controlled governments around the world.
These details are required for the Dow Jones State Owned Companies (SOC) database which forms part of the Dow Jones Risk & Compliance business.
The role of the Research Editor is also to keep the SOC Database up to date by continual scanning and extraction from known information sources and by the ongoing monitoring of new sources.
- Use a range of relevant electronic published sources for each country he/she is researching, including government websites, sources carried on Dow Jones's own products and government/regulatory and company websites.
- Extract data from the above mentioned sources, and adhere to a set of guidelines on SOC selection and the level of corporate details required.
- Deliver the most comprehensive coverage possible of state owned companies while taking care to exclude detail outside the brief.
- Verify the accuracy of the material he/she and other team members are adding to the database and follow an established set of procedures to do so.
- Keep the SOC Database up to date through continual review in accordance with team goals.
- Respond quickly, accurately and thoroughly to customer queries.
Skills and Experience:
- Fluency in English, Italian and/or Nordic languages is essential, other languages are an advantage
- Research and/or editorial knowledge
- Ability to identify wholly with Dow Jones's service obligations to its Clients
- Excellent research & analytical skills. Ability to use online tools to extract key information.
- Web searching skills; tenacity and ingenuity in the pursuit of sources
- Education to Bachelor's degree level
- Excellent proofreading skills and organizational skills
- Keyboard skills and familiarity with Google Docs and Microsoft Office, especially Sheets and Excel
- Ability to handle large volumes of information
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to accept feedback as a learning opportunity
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships
- Positive outlook on change, self motivated, flexible and adaptable
- Advanced Excel and other technical abilities are an advantage.
If this position matches your experience, skills and motivations please click 'APPLY' and submit your CV and a covering letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role.
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).