Pub Ocean, Freelance Writers
Exciting opportunity for talented Freelance Writers with a flair for viral online content to work with Pub Ocean – one of the fastest-growing publishers on the internet.
Over the past three months, Pub Ocean’s flagship site, Scribol.com, has averaged over 3 million visits a month, making it one of the top-1,000 websites in the U.S.
The role will involve working remotely, in contact with members of the editorial team. Take a look at our site, Scribol.com; a degree of cultural fit is important for the role.
Attributes and Skills:
- Excellent writing skills – consumer-facing publication experience preferred – with the ability to accurately put information into one’s own words
- Solid picture sourcing skills, ideally with some knowledge of image editing software
- Highly organised – with the ability to handle deadlines while maintaining a consistently high level of performance
- Excellent communication skills – with the ability to liaise effectively with editorial team members
- Strong ideas-led approach to content creation
- Knowledge of WordPress and basic HTML
- Ideally NCTJ qualified (or with equivalent experience)
The People We’re Looking For
At Pub Ocean, we value trailblazers who have great ideas and relish a challenge. We value loyalty and hard work, but we also welcome a sense of humour and people who don’t take themselves too seriously.
- You’re an excellent writer who’s passionate about creating engaging content for different audiences on a variety of platforms.
- You’re highly energetic, proactive and self-motivated. You’re the kind of person who likes to make things happen. You get things done.
- You’re productive and work fast, but this is coupled with meticulousness, good editorial sense and commercial nous.
- You’re a stickler for quality.
- You have a high degree of personal organisation and are able to plan ahead and manage your time to meet deadlines. You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re passionate about the latest developments in online publishing in general and viral content in particular.
- You’re a fast learner who’s open to constructive criticism.
- You work well within a team.
To apply, complete the application form below.
IMPORTANT: When applying, please include:
- The maximum number of hours you would be available to work in a given week with Pub Ocean
- If possible, a maximum of three professionally published pieces of content that you’ve written (attached or embedded as links in your cover letter)
- Details of Scribol.com topic areas that you’ve covered and/or would be excited about covering in your writing
Pub Ocean’s flagship site, Scribol.com, is an online magazine covering an awesome mix of the most bizarre, funny and fascinating news on the planet.
Our aim? To entertain and inform readers about offbeat and extraordinary things they’ve never seen before – with content that will surprise and inspire while offering a unique take on what’s going on in the world. In short, we want to make people go “wow!” – and learn something too.