Mergermarket, Freelance Reporter (Nordics)
Do you desire a challenging role in a fast-paced financial news organisation, working alongside an international team of specialist reporters producing exclusive, off-diary reports on the latest corporate strategies of leading companies? Then this could be the job for you.
Mergermarket is looking for reporter to provide actionable and exclusive intelligence on M&A and capital markets activity in the Nordic region.
The successful candidate will be expected to interview company executives and private equity partners on growth strategies across all sectors. Coverage details include M&A, capital raises, management and ownership changes, IPOs and divestments.
The job will also involve regular collaboration with our data and analysts’ teams, as well as with editorial teams on other Acuris products.
The role offers a great opportunity for a recent graduate or reporter with a few years of experience looking to develop a career in financial journalism.
The role would suit a reporter keen to investigate and write breaking news stories and who is adept at building and maintaining a source network.
The successful candidate can be based in any major city in the Nordic region, and would be willing to attend source meetings, trade fairs and conferences on occasion across the region. This is a freelance-base role.
- Write exclusive articles by interviewing Nordic decision makers, CEOs’, bankers and other sources
- Produce exclusive off-diary articles and breaking news on deals and auction processes in the Nordic region
- Attend key conferences and relevant industry events in order to conduct side-line exclusive interviews
Skills & Requirements:
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills, fluency in a Nordic language is a must
- Experience reporting for financial news services, newspapers or online publications would be an advantage
- A keen interest in writing about corporate strategies and breaking financial news
- Ability to independently source potential market intelligence leads
- Outstanding networking and contact building skills
- Good communication, research and interviewing skills
- A self-starter attitude with a cooperative approach
- Able to attend business events and conferences
If you are interested in this position, please click 'APPLY' now. Please ensure your CV and cover letter are attached.
Acuris powers business growth for financial and professional services firms worldwide.
Through events and subscription-based digital services, we provide unique, high-value content that helps our customers to make the best decisions based on the strongest evidence.
Our sector specialists and expert analysts interpret data and intelligence to extract new insights that create business opportunities for our customers.
We’re trusted by many of the world’s principal advisory firms, investment banks, law firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and corporates, who rely our brands to help them understand specialist markets and find ideas for business development.
Founded in 2000, we’re a growing family of information brands united by common characteristics: sector expertise, analytical skill, proprietary data and solutions that are packaged for maximum value.
You’ll find our 1,000 staff, including 500 specialist journalists and analysts, in 67 locations around the world.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.