Dow Jones, Energy Reporter (Madrid)
Dow Jones seeks a self-motivated and smart reporter to cover energy companies and the broader sector in Spain for its local language service, based in the Madrid offices of our news partner, Agencia EFE.
The successful candidate must have good knowledge of economics, the corporate world and financial markets.
He/she should be able to work in real time, accurately, and within very tight deadlines, and possess exceptional news judgement.
Sound knowledge of the development of the Spanish energy sector in recent years and the big push toward renewable energy will be an advantage, as will experience of covering business news in general.
The candidate must also demonstrate a good knowledge of Spanish politics as he/she will participate in coverage of elections and other political developments.
The job holder will be expected to get regular scoops, so a full contact book and the ability to further develop sources is essential.
The position also requires an excellent standard of English for the purposes of regular translation and editing.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree and at least three-years' experience in a reporting role.
The role provides an exciting opportunity to cover Spain's financial markets, businesses and its economy and politics in close detail, while being part of a larger global news operation.
- Exercises exceptional news judgment to identify market moves and write quickly and accurately in a fast-paced publishing environment
- Draws on a depth of financial knowledge to quickly assess and prioritize coverage Upholds Dow Jones standards and ethics.
- Recognizes and responds to the core audiences for EFE Dow Jones and their needs and expectations.
- Helps connect the content with the audience.
- Collaborates with reporters and editors from other groups, including colleagues in other bureaus and regions.
- Communicates precisely, with compassion.
- Proactive rather than reactive.
- Possesses a well-honed sense of urgency along with a capacity to remain calm under pressure.
- Prioritizes tasks and time while handling multiple responsibilities.
- Has intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn
- Meets deadlines.
- Understands workflow
- Flexible in changing/handing off tasks.
- General awareness of how a newsroom works.
- Possesses intellectual curiosity.
- Functions well within a team.
Click 'APPLY' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video.
Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 38 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).