Dow Jones, Research Editor - French & German | Adverse Media Entities (Barcelona)
The role of the Research Editor is to research, record and update details on companies with adverse media in countries around the world. These details are required for the Dow Jones Adverse Media - Entities (AME) database, a global reference database of companies that have had negative news in the media.
The Research Editor is required to use a range of relevant electronic published sources for each country he/she is researching, including a range of sources carried on Dow Jones's own products and on government/regulatory and company websites.
In extracting data from these sources, the Research Editor must adhere to a set of guidelines on Adverse Media selection and the level of corporate details required.
The Research Editor is expected to deliver the most comprehensive coverage possible while taking care to exclude detail outside the brief.
The Research Editor is also responsible for verifying the accuracy of the material he/she and other team members are adding to the database and must follow an established set of procedures to do so.
The role of the Research Editor is also to keep the AME Database up to date by continual scanning and extraction from known information sources and by ongoing monitoring for new sources.
Risk & Compliance is a high-growth division of Dow Jones, a News Corporation company. Risk & Compliance provides a comprehensive response to financial regulations by offering global, accurate, up-to-date information on people and companies -- enabling customers to meet regulatory guidelines, perform enhanced due diligence, control money laundering and illicit payments, and manage risk across their business.
- Use a range of relevant electronic published sources for each country he/she is researching, including company and government websites and sources carried on Dow Jones's own products.
- Extract data from the above mentioned sources, and adhere to a set of guidelines on AME selection and the level of corporate details required.
- Deliver the most comprehensive coverage possible of companies with adverse media while taking care to exclude detail outside the brief.
- Verify the accuracy of the material he/she and other team members are adding to the database and follow an established set of procedures to do so.
- Keep the AME Database up to date by continual scanning and extraction from known information sources and by ongoing monitoring for new sources.
- Respond quickly, accurately and thoroughly to customer queries.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience Required:
- Ability to identify wholly with Dow Jones's service obligations to its Clients
- Research and/or editorial knowledge
- Fluency in English and French. Additionally, German will be considered an advantage
- Web searching skills; tenacity and ingenuity in the pursuit of sources
- Education to Bachelor's degree level
- Excellent proofreading skills and organisational skills
- Keyboard skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Ability to handle large volumes of information
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to accept feedback as a learning opportunity
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships
- Positive outlook on change, self motivated, flexible and adaptable to work outside a traditional office environment
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).