WW, Senior Sub-Editor - German Magazine
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Sub-Editor to join our expanding company in our lovely Marble Arch office.
You will join our WW team (formerly known as Weight Watchers) working on the German magazine and digital channels. This position is permanent on a 3 day a week basis.
- Ensuring that proofs are factually and grammatically correct.
- Setting and maintaining the magazine house style and working closely with the Editor to ensure the magazine adheres to brand guidelines.
- Overseeing copy flow between the departments and ensuring schedules are adhered to via weekly meetings and liaison with heads of department.
- Working on layouts before handing first proofs to editors for internal sign off.
- Providing gold standard back-up for all content and compiling sources.
- Handling client sign-off of first proofs.
- Sending features to the appropriate client contacts for first stage sign off, making their changes as appropriate and finally uploading them for final sign off.
- Internally liaising with the features and the art department while working on proofs.
- Internally liaising with the promotions team on competitions and offers.
- Working closely with the Production Manager at repro stage and when creating schedules.
- Working with the advertising sales team on advertorials and promotions, both print and online.
- German fluency with writing, translating, editing and/or copywriting experience in client-facing publishing.
- Must have current sub-editing experience as a Production Editor, Chief Sub-Editor, Deputy Chief Sub-Editor or Senior Sub-Editor.
- Must have prior experience working across consumer magazines, within food ideally or women’s health, fitness or lifestyle.
- Anyone that has experience working within a content marketing agency will have a definite edge.
Our Amazing Company
We are The River Group, the UK’s award winning & leading independent content marketing agency.
We produce omnichannel content for the likes of Holland & Barrett International, Co-op, Superdrug, Weight Watchers International, Cunard and Ramblers.
We’re based in a bright, open planned office near Marble Arch tube. We have two private gardens, which are amazing over summer! We have our own office dog, we practice yoga, jog in Hyde Park and often pop down to the pub.
- Pro rata of 25 days holiday, pension, day off for your birthday
- 3 days a week (9.30 to 6.00)
Apply by completing the application form below.